Frequently Asked Questions

We understand there are many questions when you are considering care for a loved one. Below are some of the questions we are frequently asked about our offerings here at Benhome. Please remember that these are only a guide. Please feel free to contact us should you wish to know more and one of our caring staff will be happy to help you through this difficult time.

  • Is the home accredited?

    Yes, Benhome has Commonwealth accreditation until 26 June 2019

  • Do you have vacancies?

    Permanent residencies arise periodically. To be considered for residency, please contact us for an application form.

    Respite and Home Care services are also offered at Benhome. Please contact us to discuss your needs and enquire about availability.

  • What are the costs?

    Please contact us to discuss the cost of residence at Benhome. Fees are determined based on your individual financial situation.

  • Do the rooms have ensuites, telephone line or storage?

    The key features of rooms at Benhome are included in the Facilities section of our website. Please contact us to discuss any special requirements you may have.

  • Can I have visitors? And can I go out with my family?

    Relatives and friends are welcome and encouraged to visit at any time, and are invited to join in any of the activities. Outings are encouraged and you may go out with family and friends as often as you wish.

  • Can I stay out overnight?

    Yes, you may stay out for a total of 52 nights per year. If you need special equipment to stay out overnight, please discuss with us.

  • Can I choose my own Doctor?

    Yes, if the Doctor will visit the facility. It is the resident /family’s responsibility to arrange attendance at external medical appointments.

  • Do I need to complete the asset assessment form?

    To be offered a placement in an Aged Care Facility, it is necessary to know your financial status. It is a compulsory requirement under the legislation, if your assets are under the current deemed cut off level to be classified as a supported resident.

    It is very important we have a copy of the assessment from Centrelink or Department of Veteran’s Affairs confirming this status. You may be advised by your local Centrelink that you do not have to fill in this form, however it is a necessary requirement to be offered accommodation in residential aged care.

    If you choose not to complete the Asset Assessment form you will be assessed at the current maximum charges as nominated by the Department of Health and the facility, such as maximum accommodation payments, daily care fees at the Commonwealth approved rate plus an income tested fee

Next Section